GREYING of hair does not simply signify old age. Many as young as 30 years old already have white hair. It’s the missing melanin in the system that gives the gray color.
Going grey is natural but your lifestyle can hasten the transformation and it can creep up earlier than expected. To keep your black color shiny, here are the tricks.
* De-stress. Stress is one of the major causes of going grey early. Try to relax more and take time out for yourself, even if it's just a long hot soak after a stressful day. Be positive.
* Keep hydrated. Reduce caffeine and alcohol and up your water intake. Also watch how much fried, spicy and acidic foods you eat as these can dehydrate the body and reduce moisture. Lack of moisture and hydration prevents nutrients from reaching hair follicles, which can turn them grey.
* Take multivitamins. Sometimes grey hair begins to appear due to lack of nutrients. Take a multivitamin daily as most of them contain copper. Foods that are rich in copper are turnip greens, lima beans, yams, spinach, and meats. Copper is also found in blackberries, pineapple, pomegranates, almonds and pumpkin seeds. Increase also your iodine intake and include also the carrots. Many of us don't have enough iodine in our diets, so bumping up the amounts of these foods will keep your locks radiant.
* More sleep. Good sleeping habits will help you relax, fully rejuvenate and reduce stress levels.
* Pump up B vitamins. A vitamin B12 deficiency may lead to premature greying. Eat foods rich in B12 like eggs, cheese, beef, bananas, fish and lamb.
* Take Chinese herbs. A popular Chinese herb that is believed to stop hair going grey is called He Shou We, or Fo-ti. It means 'black-haired Mr He' in Chinese. This name refers to a legend of an older villager named Mr He who took Fo-ti and restored his black hair, youthful appearance and vitality.
* Massage your scalp. There's no point eating all the vitamins and minerals if they can't reach your scalp and hair. To improve circulation exercise regularly as this will gets the blood flowing. Also Massage your scalp with your fingertips daily for 5-10 minutes to improve circulation.
Y I N G
- Teenage Umang Hunters
- Posts : 1447
Join date : 2009-12-10
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum